Home School Link Worker
Hello, my name is Heidi Bridges-Martin.
I am the Home School Link Worker at Tower Hill Primary School. I have been a member of the staff team for twelve years and had the pleasure of working with such wonderful children and families during this time. We know children achieve more when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child’s development and to keep them healthy and safe. I am really looking forward to working with you and your family!
The pastoral care is an important element of our school ethos here at Tower Hill and we would like the school community to know I am another extension of this. The goal is to help children reach their full potential in school.
What do I do?
- Act as a link between home and school
- Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information
- Talk with and supporting children in school and to encourage them, through direct contact, including 1:1 and small group support, to be positive about their future
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school
- Support parents when filling out forms
- Complete various referrals to outside agencies
- To be an advocate for families ,if needed, in meetings
- Running nurturing throughout school
- Lead ELSA sessions with children (ELSA-emotional literacy support assistant)
- Lead the Tower Hill Young Carers group
- Lead lunch club daily
- Help children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences
What else do I do?
I am here to support children and families with a wide range of issues and concerns and help them to make a plan for the future:
- Home circumstances
- Home-School relationships
- Emotional wellbeing
Where and when you can find me!
I am based in the Inclusion Office Monday to Friday from 8am until 4pm, so please feel free to pop in and see me or, if you need an appointment, you can contact me on -
School office number- 01993 702599
Home School Attendance Officer